Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

How do I subset when I am getting error message that one of the variables could not be loaded

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor oab
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I subset when I am getting error message that one of the variables could not be loaded

Trying to subset using the SAS command:

data woleaim1;

set analytic.alltrmt;

run;

Got error message: 

ERROR: The format STGGRP was not found or could not be loaded

STGGRP is one of the variables in the original data set

I successfully achieved this like 10 hours ago. I do not know why it is difficult to do the same now.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-27-2018 10:34 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I subset when I am getting error message that one of the variables could not be loaded

??  Sorry, your post makes no sense.  There is no subset at all in the presented code, just a set statement.  Is it possible that you don't have format stggtp created, if so then use nofmterr:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000279100.htm

i.e.:

options nofmterr;

Then you wont get the error about missing format.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-27-2018 10:34 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I subset when I am getting error message that one of the variables could not be loaded

??  Sorry, your post makes no sense.  There is no subset at all in the presented code, just a set statement.  Is it possible that you don't have format stggtp created, if so then use nofmterr:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000279100.htm

i.e.:

options nofmterr;

Then you wont get the error about missing format.

New Contributor oab
New Contributor

Thank you. I have been able to fix this!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation