BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcc25
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to develop a spatiotemporal logistic regression model to predict the presence/absence of a disease in U.S. counties (contiguous U.S.) based on climatologic variables, with data points for each year between 2007 and 2014; ideally, I would like a model with functionality to score additional datasets, e.g., use the model developed for 2006-2014 to predict disease probability in future climate scenarios.  The model needs to account for spatial autocorrelation, and (ideally) temporal correlation as well.  Unfortunately, my SAS abilities are not up to the task.  Would anyone have suggestions for developing the model? The data take the form of:

countyFIPS  year   outcome   predictor1   predictor2   predictor3   latitude   longitude

where

countyFIPS = unique 5-digit identifier for U.S. counties

Outcome = at least one case in the county for the given year, coded 0/1

I'm really bad at this, so please be gentle and use small words...

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/stat/procedures/SpatialAnalysis.html

See the link above as well, take a look at lexjansen.com and see what papers are available. There may even be code 😉

Ksharp
Super User
I never heard that kind of logistic regression before. Do you mean conditional logistic regression ?
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For logistic analysis with spatial correlation, or temporal correlation, you will need to use a generalized linear mixed model (GLMM), with correlation structure for the G matrix. This is a very complex problem, and there is no way to give easy cookbook answers. I think you should get a copy of the GLMM book by Walter Stroup. It will be difficult for you, but there are examples. The book SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd edition, has a lot on this, but for normal data.

Ksharp
Super User
Maybe you could take a look at PROC GEE, there is an alternative logistic regression for mixed model.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation