BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mszommer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm looking at clustering customers based on their transactional data. I have about 3000+ Products (items) in total that belong to various categories (6+) and I need to sort/group the products based on purchasing behavior of the customers. i.e., which products are bought together by the same customer.

I need to use Yule's Q measure of association (between all prooduct combinations) to prepare the input for the cluster analysis. I can pick one category at a time in order to reduce the product cominations.

Yule's Q is (ad - bc)/(ad+bc).
Conceptually, this is the number of pairs in agreement (ad) - the number in disagreement (bc) over the total number of paired observations.

How can I go about doing that using SAS. Proc Distance does not provide the option of Yule's Q

Any help will be more than appreciated.

Regards

Mari

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

It looks like PROC FREQ can, with Gamma being equivalent to Yule's Q. 

It may may help if present some sample data and expected output. Although not all of us understand the specific terminology, most can code many standard formulas. 

mszommer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Reeza,

Thank you for the very prompt response.

Attached is an excel file with the requested details of the input data and desired output data.

Lookign forward to hearign from you

Regards

Mari

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation