BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
marcioadg
Calcite | Level 5

I went through 2 different books and they are not too clear because they are testing other things (slopes,etc) at the same time. How different is the Proc Mixed code from a complete block design vs an incomplete block design?

Thanks,

Marcio

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I suppose the answer depends on how you code the two different analyses ... this is a very vague and undefined question

The answer to "how different" also depends on whatever you choose as a scale of differences, and I am not familiar with such a scale

--
Paige Miller
marcioadg
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Paige;

Here is how I would code as a complete block design for this specific experiment.

PROC mixed data=growth ;

CLASS   Trt block;

MODEL response =  Trt;

Lsmeans Trt/diffs;

random block;

How would one code if it was an incomplete block design?

Thank you

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The code is exactly the same. That is the beauty of mixed model procedures like MIXED. Anyone interested in mixed models (i.e., models with multiple random effects) should read SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd edition (2006).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation