BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
haziqfarhan94
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I have an issue to interpret the logismod file. I know Proc Logistic can read the file using INMODEL= option, but how SAS calculated from it. Someone please  help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

The OUTMODEL= data set is in a special format that is read only by the procedure itself.  There is no key to interpreting or translating it.  If you are planning to use it to score the data then you should just use the INMODEL= option and SCORE statement.  If you need a data set you can read then you should use the OUTEST= data set.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Information describing the fitted model is saved in the file created by the OUTMODEL= option. The OUTMODEL= data set is intended solely for later use in the INMODEL= option as a means for scoring future data using a previously fitted model.  The model information is very compactly stored in the OUTMODEL= data set and it is therefore not useful for other purposes.  No information is available concerning how the model is stored in this special data set. Changes to the contents of the data set will result in errors or inconsistencies which render any results unusable. An alternative way to store model information for later use can be done using the STORE statement rather than the OUTMODEL= option. You can then view the saved model information, score new observations, and perform tests on the parameters using PROC PLM. If you want to create a data set containing the model parameter estimates which is arranged conveniently for viewing or additional processing, use the ODS OUTPUT statement to save the ParameterEstimates table. For instance,

ods output ParameterEstimates=myparms;

Scoring of new data can be done in various ways as discussed and illustrated in this note.

haziqfarhan94
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply. The issue is I don't know how or who created the model. What I have is just the LOGISMOD file which is I believe created from someone who used the OUTMODEL= option to score my current data that have exactly the same variables. The score work fine in SAS, but I was assigned to translate the SAS script into SQL. That's the reason I need to know how LOGISMOD file work. 

haziqfarhan94
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

The OUTMODEL= data set is in a special format that is read only by the procedure itself.  There is no key to interpreting or translating it.  If you are planning to use it to score the data then you should just use the INMODEL= option and SCORE statement.  If you need a data set you can read then you should use the OUTEST= data set.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation