BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Linkachu
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a place where I can see all the changes that have been made to a PROC over time? I am interested in looking at specific PROCs and seeing when certain features were added for a discussion of how certain methods have developed over time. Right now I am interested in PROC PHREG, but am also curious about others.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Every release contains a document called "What's new in ...".  For example, PROC PHREG is in SAS/STAT, so you might search for

"What's new in SAS/STAT 13.2" site:support.sas.com

You can also go to http://support.sas.com/documentation/132/index.html

and use the links in the left-hand sidebar to see what is new in 12.1, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, etc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Though not a formal approach, I have had success with Google searches like

phreg new features site:sas.com

It works reasonalby well for PROCs with names that are not common English words (versus, say, PRINT, MEANS).

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Every release contains a document called "What's new in ...".  For example, PROC PHREG is in SAS/STAT, so you might search for

"What's new in SAS/STAT 13.2" site:support.sas.com

You can also go to http://support.sas.com/documentation/132/index.html

and use the links in the left-hand sidebar to see what is new in 12.1, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, etc

Linkachu
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Rick! It would be nice if I could look at the history for one proc in one place. Your solution provides the changes to all procs for a given version, but I can get the info I need by going through each version.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, like you I have sometimes wished for an easy way to look at a single procedure through time. For example, when someone on this forum asks how to do something, but says they are running SAS 9.3, I don't usually remember which options are available to them.

I'll bet someone with good SAS (or python) skills could "scrape the web" and come up with the report that we want.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation