Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

History of Changes to SAS PROCs

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

History of Changes to SAS PROCs

Is there a place where I can see all the changes that have been made to a PROC over time? I am interested in looking at specific PROCs and seeing when certain features were added for a discussion of how certain methods have developed over time. Right now I am interested in PROC PHREG, but am also curious about others.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-03-2016 09:45 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: History of Changes to SAS PROCs

Every release contains a document called "What's new in ...".  For example, PROC PHREG is in SAS/STAT, so you might search for

"What's new in SAS/STAT 13.2" site:support.sas.com

You can also go to http://support.sas.com/documentation/132/index.html

and use the links in the left-hand sidebar to see what is new in 12.1, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, etc

View solution in original post

All Replies
Valued Guide

Though not a formal approach, I have had success with Google searches like

phreg new features site:sas.com

It works reasonalby well for PROCs with names that are not common English words (versus, say, PRINT, MEANS).

Solution
‎05-03-2016 09:45 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Every release contains a document called "What's new in ...".  For example, PROC PHREG is in SAS/STAT, so you might search for

"What's new in SAS/STAT 13.2" site:support.sas.com

You can also go to http://support.sas.com/documentation/132/index.html

and use the links in the left-hand sidebar to see what is new in 12.1, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, etc

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rick! It would be nice if I could look at the history for one proc in one place. Your solution provides the changes to all procs for a given version, but I can get the info I need by going through each version.

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, like you I have sometimes wished for an easy way to look at a single procedure through time. For example, when someone on this forum asks how to do something, but says they are running SAS 9.3, I don't usually remember which options are available to them.

I'll bet someone with good SAS (or python) skills could "scrape the web" and come up with the report that we want.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation