BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
negs
Calcite | Level 5

I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with the MIAnalyze procedure. I created a multiple imputations data set with 5 imputations and now would like to combine the results using MIAnalyze. I first ran a proc logistic with a class statement (as all my covariates are categorical) and then ran the MIanalyze procedure. I keep getting an error message that "the variable cat_matchage is not in the covb= data set." I think the reason is that the new data set now has broken down cat_matchage into the various levels (i.e. cat_matchage1, cat_matchage2, etc.). Code below:

proc logistic data=reach.matrixmi;

class

infection (PARAM=REF REF='0')

cat_matchage(PARAM=REF REF='1')

mrace(PARAM=REF REF='White Non Hispanic')

meduc (PARAM=REF REF='<High School')

fincome(PARAM=REF REF='<$35,000')

msmokmo(PARAM=REF REF='NA')

momAgeBirth(PARAM=REF REF='<25'); 

model uni_regout(event="1")= infection cat_matchage mrace  fincome meduc msmokmo momagebirth/ covb;

by _imputation_;

format meduc feduc educationnewf.  fincome  mincome incomenewf.;

where reachdata=2;

ods output parameterestimates=MI.infection covB=MI.covbinfection;

run;

proc mianalyze parms=mi.infection1 covb=mi.covbinfection1;

modeleffects intercept cat_matchage mrace meduc fincome msmokmo momAgeBirth;

run;

Any guidance would be much appreciated thanks!

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It seems to me that this situation comes up on a fairly regular basis, and it has to do with the structure of the covb matrix, especially with CLASS variables.  I think an answer was presented, but basically MIANALYZE does not play well with covariance matrices with categorical values.  I think an answer from Tech Support made its way on here about six months ago, but I cannot google it out today.  So, I would recommend opening a ticket with Tech Support, and when a satisfactory result is obtained, please post it back here.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation