BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
msecic
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to program sample size for a bayesian adaptive design, with a binary performance goal of say, AE rate less than 20%.  Data will be analyzed after X subjects, and if needed after each subsequent Y subjects.  There are three possible outcomes after each stage until success, futility or max sample size of N is reached.  So I need to program simulations and probability required for determining study success at each analysis stage.

Note that success decision can be something like: "Termination of enrollment for success if the posterior probability using observed data was sufficient to meet the performance goal (99% probability or greater for 50 and 75 subject interim checks, 97.5% thereafter)"

Continued accrual due to reasonable predictive probability (10% or greater) that performance goal can be met with more subjects.

Futility if predictive probability the performance goal could be met with enrollment of more subjects was less than 10%

Thank you for any insight....

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

I've done this once...it's not easy or straightforward.

You basically have to determine the math and then program it, but no procs in SAS to accomplish it Smiley Sad

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation