BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JaeGonKim
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ksharp,

b. the value of the test-statistic is computed = 5. Right?, could you explain this value?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

With respect, I do not think that KSharp's analysis is correct. If you want to perform a one-sided test of the hypothesis that mu>4 against the alternative that mu<=4, then read the excellent online statistics course from PennState.

In particular, the test statistic should be t = (x_bar - mu0)/StdErr.

Unfortunately, I have other things to do, but I wish you luck in your efforts.

JaeGonKim
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have a example:

A movie was rated by the viewers who had watched it. The scores range from a low of 1 (very uninteresting) to a high of 5 (very fascinating). A sample of 16 viewers was chosen and their ratings are listed below:

3     5     4     3     4     5     5     4     3     2     5     4     3     2    3     5

Suppose the ratings of the movie can be assumed to be normally distributed. The movie production company claimed that the mean rating score is at least 4. An independent movie review company wants to test this claim. Answer questions (a) through (c) without using statistical software. Using α=0.05, would the movie review company conclude that the mean rating score of the movie is at least 4?.

Could you help me tell what is the null and alternative hypotheses: Ho vs Ha?

Thanks,

Joe

Reeza
Super User

You may find this helpful:

https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?crs=STAT1&ctry=us

Note that the e-course is free.

JaeGonKim
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

I know, but I don't sure. Ho >= 4 or > 4?. Please tell me know.

Thanks,

Joe

JaeGonKim
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, please help me.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation