BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pedroe
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone. I am trying to predict an outcome with several predictor variables (4-5), and some of them show a certain level of collinearity (up to an r correlation coefficient of 0.7) so I must apply a restricted regression technique. I am using elastic net because I understang it should have an advantage over lasso or ridge in this situation.

Well, with proc glmselect I am able to run an elastic net regression with external k fold cross validation as the model selection method

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/67523/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_glmselect_de...

Now, I would like to graph predicted vs observed values (and then calculate slope and intercept for the predicted vs observed regression) for all the data used in the k fold steps, but I cannot obtain the parameters estimates for each k fold run.

The cvdetails option in the model statement indeed works for obtaining parameters estimates when running internal cross validation, but it does not for external cross validation. Any clue?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

1 REPLY 1
elge
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

I've right now exact the same question as Pedro in 2015. At that time no answer was posted.  Does anyone have an idea by now? I'm interested in the predictors selected by 5 fold corss validation in each of the 5 steps by proc glmselect...cvdeatils doesn't work with selection=elasticnet(choose=cvex) .

Hoping for any advice.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation