BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NanaPrempeh
Calcite | Level 5

I am finding it hard creating a Special Codes Data Set  with Special Missing Values for Interactive grouping node in Enterprise miner.

I am working on a scoreing analysis project in Enterprise Miner 7.1, and the Dataset am working with has a lot of default values( -999999, -99998 ,-9996  etc).

According to the help document, I need to use a special codes data set to enable the Interactive grouping node perform the automatic grouping.

I created this data set a couple of times, but when ever I try runing the program , i get this " invalid data set" error.

Please Help Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I believe it has to do with the length of the variable "variable".

Please read     http://support.sas.com/kb/47/144.html

Problem Note 47144: The Interactive Grouping node Special Codes data set must specify $32 as the length for VARIABLE

The Interactive Grouping node in SAS® Enterprise Miner™ enables you to use a Special Codes data set for mapping special missing values. One of the variables in the Special Codes data set is a character variable named "Variable". The variable named "Variable" must be defined as a character variable with length $32, or the Special Codes data set might be ignored when the node runs.

There are no errors or warnings to indicate that the Special Codes data set is not used.

To avoid the problem, make sure that you create the "Variable" variable with length $32.

EXAMPLE

/* create a special codes data set */

data myspecialcodes;
length variable $32 value $5;
variable='_ALL_';
replacement = '.A';
value='-99';
output;
replacement = '.B';
value='-999';
output;
replacement = '.C';
value='99999';
output;
run;

For more information, see Using a Special Codes Data Set for Special Missing Values in "SAS Enterprise Miner Help".

I hope it helps,
Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation