BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sheharyar24
Calcite | Level 5

Please can you tell me how can I make a table following the description below (PDF attached pg 21, 22 containing the table i want to replicate). I want the commands, to sort them out first on the basis of past returns(losers, Neutrals, winners) and then further sorting them into sizes and in the end get the table with the p1,p2,p3(three return portfolios) on the left hand side and sizes s1,s2....s10 in the upper column and then returns in the centre with t values. I have attached the pdf file which will show the exact table follwoing this description, table which i want is on page 21,22. I will really be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Momentum Strategies Based on Raw Returns and Sorted by Size (1980-2004)

This table reports the average monthly returns of momentum portfolios formed based on the previous K

months’ raw returns and held for K months (K=3, 6, 9,and 12). Each month, NYSE and AMEX

stocks are ranked in ascending order based on the lagged returns and divided into three equal-weighted

portfolios. Portfolio P1 is formed by the loser stocks and P3 is formed by the winner stocks over the

previous K months. This table presents the time-series average monthly returns of holding these

portfolios for K months. On the other hand, stocks are sorted into ten portfolios each month based on

their previous capitalizations. Portfolio S1 includes the smallest firms and S10 includes the largest

firms. Within each decile, firms are equally sorted into three portfolios (P1 to P3) based on their lag

raw returns. This table also reports the time-series average monthly return of holding these portfolios

in each size class for K months. Median sizes are in millions and t-statistics are in parenthesis.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Please post some data and what you have tried.

Sheharyar24
Calcite | Level 5

This is the sas file of my data. I havent tried a lot yet as I am new to sas.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation