BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fang_Merck
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have several clinical data set with binary response. For all data sets, subjects are enrolled from different sites and are taking either treatment A or B (parallel design). I am trying to assess the site variation for the response variable. Since there are 2 treatment, I assume that the site variation could be different for the 2 treatments and there could be a correlation. The following is my SAS code:

proc glimmix data=dset;
class sitenum trt;
model resp= trt/dist=bin link=logit solution;
random trt/SUBJECT=SITENUM type=UN solution G;
run;

For most data sets, Proc Glimmix doesn't converge. For one data set, Glimmix does converge and I got the following covariance matrix. I think here 0.00907 is the site variance of treatment A and 3.54E-18 is the site variance of treatment B. However, the covariance between treatments A and B are even bigger than the both variance, so the correlation will be >1. Do I understand it correct? I don't know why it can happened.

Estimated G Matrix
EffectDescription of Actual ArmRowCol1Col2
trtA10.009070.02008
trtB20.020083.54E-18
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I am a little confused by:

For most data sets, Proc Glimmix doesn't converge

I would expect that you would combine all of the data to have all of the sites in one data set to answer a question about the impact of "site" on the analysis. Why are these separate data sets analyzed one a time? Are you comparing all pairs of individual sites?

Fang_Merck
Calcite | Level 5
I meant that I have several independent clinical trial data set for
different drug. That is why I did the analysis separately.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation