BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
slg129
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone. I was successful in running a Fishers Exact test using the bootstrap option in MULTTEST. However, can the SAS output provide a test statistic for each test? I did not get a test statistic with the output, but I'm not sure if that is because I did not indicate in my syntax that I wanted it. If it is possible to get a test statistic when using the bootstrap option in MULTTEST please let me know what I should include in my syntax. If it is not possible, would anyone know if it would then be acceptable to just report the test statistic for the same test but not bootstrapped? I have copied my syntax below for reference. Thank you for any help!

proc multtest data=c4 order=data out=p pvals 

bootstrap nsample=20000 seed=41287; 

test fisher(var1 var2 var3 var4 var5 var6 var7 var8 var9 var10 var11 var12 var13 var14 var15 var16 var17 var18 var19 var20 var21 var22 var23 var24 var25 var26 var27 var28 var29 var30 var31 var32 var33 var34 var35 var36 var37); 

class M_C; 

run;

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The Fisher exact test does not have a test statistic similar to, say, the t-test.  The p-value results from summing table probabilities. Notice the output of the Fisher exact test from PROC FREQ for example and see the description of that test in the FREQ documentation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation