Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Getting marginal means that are way off the actual mean (RMPL vs RSPL)

Regular Learner

Getting marginal means that are way off the actual mean (RMPL vs RSPL)

Hello,

So I am working on an EMA dataset with different numbers of reports... in those reports participants report exposure to enviornmental variables on a yes no basis.   So I am using Proc GLIMMIX (SAS 9.4) to Model If class variables are associated with increases or decreases in the liklihood of exposure. Code is as follows:

proc glimmix maxopt=200 lognote;

class sub Var1 ;

model Exposure(event="1") = Var1 / dist=binary link=logit ddfm=bw solution oddsratio;

random intercept /sub=sub type=un g solution cl;

random _residual_ / type=ar(1) subject=sub;

lsmeans Var1 /  ilink cl;

run;

Problem is that when modeled with RSPL, the least square means are all considerably lower than the actual means... this is magnified the further from 50/50 the exposure gets.  In other words if an exposure occures 10%-15% across the levels of Var1 in the sample.  I am getting Least square means in the 3-8% range. Specifiying Method=RMPL gets me aroud this problem and to means that are similar to the actual means.  But I am fairly confident that I want to specify "S"ubject-specific rather than "M"arginal expansions.  So the question is what could be causing this and is there away around it?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation