Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Get goodness of fit tests for weibull distribution

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Get goodness of fit tests for weibull distribution

Hello,

I am trying to fi a weibull distribution to a list of frequency data, and I am using the following code in SAS 9.4 

proc univariate data=data1;

var group;

freq count;

histogram / weibull (Theta=est) midpoints=1 to 28 by 1;

run;

I got my parameter estimates however SAS did not give me any Goodness of fit statistics. Is there a specific coding that allows me to get one?

Thank you 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-26-2017 04:50 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Get goodness of fit tests for weibull distribution

Yes, the documentation for the GOF tests in PROC UNIVARIATE mentions that the ECDF tests for GOF are only available when c > 2.

I'm not near a copy of Stephens and D'Agostino right now, so I can't look up why that constraint is required. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

[ Edited ]

You code looks correct and should give GOF tables. Run the following and see if you see the "Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Weibull Distribution" table

ods trace on;
proc univariate data=sashelp.cars; var mpg_city; freq cylinders; histogram mpg_city / weibull (Theta=est) midpoints=10 to 60 by 2.5; run;
ods trace off;
New Contributor

The proposed code did not gice GOF tables unless c>2. I had to put in a value of theta to getW-sq and A-sq GOF statistics.

Is there another procedure available to fit a weibull distribution using point frequency data?

Thank you

Solution
‎07-26-2017 04:50 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, the documentation for the GOF tests in PROC UNIVARIATE mentions that the ECDF tests for GOF are only available when c > 2.

I'm not near a copy of Stephens and D'Agostino right now, so I can't look up why that constraint is required. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation