BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
k_shide
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS Gurus,

I wantched recently Andrew Ng's Coursea class and found it very fun. I think  many of you found it very interesting.

My questions is Andrew introduced some generalized term of logistic regressions rather than some stepwise selection of variables as follows. 

Generalized_term.png

Do you know this generalization can be achieved by using any options of proc logistic or any other suitable procedures?

Again, I really thanks to everyone for the help all the time,

Kaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

That looks like it is just an L2 penalty added to the binomial log likelihood resulting in a shrinkage estimation method called ridging. See this note which discusses ways to do shrinkage methods (LASSO, ridging, elastic net) in SAS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

That looks like it is just an L2 penalty added to the binomial log likelihood resulting in a shrinkage estimation method called ridging. See this note which discusses ways to do shrinkage methods (LASSO, ridging, elastic net) in SAS.

k_shide
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear StatDave

Thanks very much for the advice.
I think the note discuss exactly what I meant to know.

Kaz

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation