BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
prooney2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, does anyone know if SAS or SAS users have implemented the generalized boosted regression techniques as found in Greg Ridgeway's R package gbm?

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewZ
Quartz | Level 8

I've looked into it, and I am pretty sure there is no SAS implementation of GBM.  Please let me know if you hear otherwise.

Based on how nicely I can model neural networks and decision trees in R and export the models to SAS as SAS code through metaprogramming, I've been hoping to do the same for GBM, but because of time constraints, I haven't gotten very far.

Zelazny7
Fluorite | Level 6

I have created an R function that exports a completed GBM model into SAS if-then-else logic. If you would like it, we can arrange a means of sharing it.

bulldog
Calcite | Level 5

I haved written R code for GBM and would like to transfer to SAS code. Would you be able to share your method to transfer R code into SAS if-then-else logic? Thanks!

AndrewZ
Quartz | Level 8

To use Generalized Boosted Regression (GBM) in SAS, please see the mlmeta package. After training the model in R, mlmeta converts the model to simple (but long) SAS code such that it can be used in Base SAS independently of R.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation