BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cd2011
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am running a GMM with proc model to correct for heteroscedasticity, but I am having some trouble understanding the SAS diagnostics. My code looks something like that,

1. proc model data=test;

2. parms const  a b c;

3. instruments vara varb varc ;

4. y= const+ a*vara+b*varb+c*varc;

5. fit y / white breusch =(1 vara  varb varc );                                                            

6. fit y / GMM white breusch =(1 vara varb varc );                                                            

run;

My understanding is that step 5 gives simple ols results and breush pegan test will show heteroscedasticity if there is any.

but step 6 corrects for heteroscedasticity and hence will give same parameter estimates as step 5 but different standard errors, but breusch-pegan step at this point should show no heteroscedastictiy.

But in my application I see exact same breusch-pegan test value from step 5 and step 6. Am I wrong in interpreting it or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
cd2011
Calcite | Level 5

As it turns out, I was infact mis-interpreting the results. The data is still heteroscedastic, GMM is only giving heteroscedastic-consistent variance covarince matrix. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation