BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kastchei
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello!

I was wondering if there is anyway to apply multiple comparison adjustments to the F and t test done by the CONTRAST and ESTIMATE statements in PROC GLM.  Options like bonferroni, tukey, scheffe, dunnett are available in the MEANS and LSMEANS statements, but not with the CONTRAST and ESTIMATE statements.

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would strongly recommend that you shift over to PROC GLIMMIX or PROC MIXED.  The multiple comparison adjustments are available with the LSMESTIMATE statement.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would strongly recommend that you shift over to PROC GLIMMIX or PROC MIXED.  The multiple comparison adjustments are available with the LSMESTIMATE statement.

Steve Denham

AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

One other option would be to use PROC MULTTEST which addresses the multiple testing problem: SAS/STAT(R) 9.3 User's Guide

Best,

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

As a follow-up, the MULTTEST approach would be an extension of Example 61.5 Inputting Raw p-Values.  You will need to output all of the contrast or estimate values to a dataset (ODS OUTPUT is your friend), and rename the probt variable to raw_p.  Specific multiple comparison methods, such as Dunnett's, Tukey's and Scheffe's methods are not available in MULTTEST, and only Scheffe, Sidak, and Dunnett (using the simulate option, and correct specification of the LSMESTIMATE statement) are available in GLIMMIX through the LSMESTIMATE statement.  Tukey's adjustment isn't available in either procedure.

Steve Denham

Kastchei
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks, gents for the very quick replies.  This is exactly what I need.

Michael Cooney

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation