Calcite | Level 5 May
Calcite | Level 5
Dear forum members,

I have a dataset of bird site fidelity. The structure is as follows:

BirdID Year Return Sex Success
--------------------------------------------------------
F0215 2005 1 M 1
F0217 2005 0 F 0

"BirdID" is the ring number, "Return" is if the bird return to the nest site of previous year, "Success" is if the bird bred successfully in the previous year. As the dataset was collected over several years, the same bird may occur several times in the dataset. Therefore I think of using random effect in GLIMMIX.

For the question: if previous successful breeders tend to return to the same nest site, the following code was used:
model Return (event='1') = Success / dist=binary link=logit;
random BirdID;

If the reponse variable is numeric, one can see the Type III Test of Fixed Effect in the output to know if the fixed effect is significant. However,as the Type III Test is a F test based on normal distribution, does it apply to such case, in which the responese is binary? I was told that one should use chi-square test to test for significance of explanatory variables in mixed models. How to conduct such a test with GLIMMIX?

Any suggestion is deeply appreciated.

May

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation