BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nerea10
Calcite | Level 5

Hello to everybody,

I´ve recently started working with SAS and PROC MIXED and there are some things I don´t have clear.

I have collected information from some shops for three years; there are shops with 3 observations, others one with 2 and others one with only 1. The variable response (Y) is if the shop has internet conession or not (YES=1, NO=0). I have also complementary information for each shop: the shop´s size (small,medium,big), the distrit to which the shop belongs (classified as 1,2,...,7) and the shop´s activity (classified as 1,2,...27).

I have created a model with shop´s size (SIZE) as fixed effect and with 2 random effects: the distrit (distr) and te activity (ACT). AS I have repeated measures, I introuce the time variable (YEAR) for each shop (ID) as random also.

So, this is the model I´m running:

proc glimmix data=datos method=laplace;
class SIZE DIST ACT ID  YEAR;
model Y(event="1")= SIZE / cl dist=binary link=logit solution;
random intercept / subject=DISTR solution cl;
random intercept / subject=ACT solution cl;
random YEAR / subject=ID type=ar(1);
covtest / wald;
run;

It needs too much time and finally it doesn´t work.

Could you hel pe?

I apologize for my English.

Thanks,

Nerea

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

You may want to look at the marginal values over year, using an R side model.  Consider:

proc glimmix data=datos ;
class SIZE DIST ACT ID  YEAR;
model Y(event="1")= SIZE YEAR SIZE*YEAR/ cl dist=binary link=logit solution;
random intercept / subject=DISTR solution cl;
random intercept / subject=ACT solution cl;
random YEAR /residual subject=ID type=ar(1);
covtest / wald;
run;

You may need to add an NLOPTIONS statement to facilitate convergence.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation