BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yvonneux
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to plot a funnel plot to identify performance outliers from a sample of hospitals. I tried to follow Rick's example here: Funnel plots: An alternative to ranking - The DO Loop

But i had some problems understanding the PROC IML part. In my case, I have already have the population mean, standard deviation, my sample hospitals all had their mean and s.e.

Is there another approach to simulate the confidence limits?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21

Hopefully, Rick will respond himself.  Otherwise, take a look at: http://www.sas.com/offices/NA/canada/downloads/presentations/Edmonton2010/Funnel.pdf

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think the blog post is fairly complete. I don't have anything to add. Assuming that the sample size for each hospital is large, you don't need to "simulate the confidence limits." Just use the normal approximation to the binomial.

For other posts on the funnel plot, see the "Trackback" section at the bottom of the blog post. In particular, this post

Funnel plots for proportions - The DO Loop

seems relevant, although it uses an adjustment for the binomial limits, rather than the simpler normal limits.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation