BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cd2011
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

I am trying to estimate a stochastic cost frontier model by using qlim with
the option endogenous ~ frontier (type=half cost).
But it gives me error saying: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: CENSORED, DISCRETE, SELECT, TRUNCATED.

ERROR 200-322: The symbol is not recognized and will be ignored.

ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.

I have SAS 9.1. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks much.
5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
CD2011,

You will get answers that are a lot more useful if you post the entire PROC step. The error may not be where you think it is.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Also, you should check the documentation for your version of SAS. For instance, FRONTIER was not an option for SAS 9.1. It was added sometime in SAS 9.2.
cd2011
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for your response Doc.

I did some search and I also found out that frontier was coming under SAS 9.2. But, I wanted to be sure.

Thanks much.
cd2011
Calcite | Level 5
BTW, does anyone know if it is possible to model heteroscedasticity in frontier model with proc qlim?

Thanks,
CIMS
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all,

does anybody know how to get the output of the predicted individual technical efficiency with the qlim procedure?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation