BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mht
Calcite | Level 5 mht
Calcite | Level 5

Dear folks,

I need a help for a problem running proc model. For a same code and a same dataset, my SAS 9.4(TS1M2) runs for 7 mintues while SAS 9.3(TS1M0) runs for just 1 second. Anybody can tell me why? Is it a bug to SAS 9.4 proc model? Since my institution is no longer supporting SAS 9.3, I am forced to use SAS 9.4 now and hence I really need this problem solved. Thank you and look forward to your help.

My computer is 64 bit Windows 7 professional and SAS 9.3. 9.4 are both 64 bit.

I attach in this post the simple code and dataset I used to test. You can try SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4 to see my problem.

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the configuration:

MEMSIZE and other memory-related options in SAS

location of WORK and UTILLOC

Use OPTIONS FULLSTIMER in both environments to get a more specific log regarding where time is spent.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation