BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kingess
Calcite | Level 5
How can I run a fixed effect model in Probit?

My model is: y=f(V1, V2, V3).

y is a 0/1 binomial variable.
V1, V2, V3 are continuous variables.

The observations are taken over a period of 30 years. A portion of the total number of observations come from each of the thirty years.

Since the V1,V2 and V3 vary over the thrity years, I want to add a year fixed effect.

I am using SAS 9.2. I have looked in the SAS Documentation but am unable to locate the command/options, etc.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Based on your question, I think you simply want:

proc probit;
class y;
model y = v1 v2 v3 year;
run;

This assume that y is strictly 0 or 1. There is an alternate syntax when you have a count of y out of n for each observation.
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
A fixed effects model can be fit in PROC LOGISTIC using the STRATA statement. For example:

proc logistic;
strata year;
model y=v1 v2 v3;
run;

This fits the conditional logistic model that avoids estimating parameters for the years. However, a probit model cannot be fit when the STRATA statement is used and there is no STRATA statement in PROC PROBIT.
raqthesolid
Quartz | Level 8

Hello dear ? 

Can i get Pseudo R squre or R squre using this regression in SAS?
any help will he highly appreciable. 
THnaks

raqthesolid
Quartz | Level 8
Hello dear
Can I get Pseudo R squre using Proc logistic?
Thanks for help

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation