BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GVeers
Calcite | Level 5
I'm developing a regression model where the dependent variable looks like a Pareto distribution. Is it possible, in SAS, to create a best fit of independent parameters to a dependent parameter with a Pareto shape? What procedure would be appropriate for that?

I apologize if this question does not make a lot of sense, but my statistics background is not enough to get my head around this one. Thanks for reading.
1 REPLY 1
GVeers
Calcite | Level 5
To clarify, the dependent variable "looks" like a Pareto when I look at a histogram of the variable - the small values are of very high probability and there is a large dropoff as the values increase.

I guess I'm struggling with how you go from a probability distribution to a regression equation where probability is not one of the variables. Thank you to all who take a look at this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation