BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ayuan1
Calcite | Level 5

When I run the example code below in SAS EG, I'm only shown these results when I want to see results like this. Is there a reason why the Cell (1,1) Frequency (F), left-sided pr <= F, right-sided >=F, and two-sided Pr <= P are omitted from my results? Is the p-value I generated not two-sided? Thanks in advance!

data test;
input comp95 religion $ count;
cards;
1 independent 10
1 jewish 30
1 romancatholic 20
1 other 40
0 independent 46
0 jewish 51
0 romancatholic 32
0 other 34
;
 run;

proc freq data=test order=data;
tables comp95*religion / chisq expected fisher;
weight count;
run;

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Do you realize that you can insert images using the "Photos" icon in the menu? Posting links to images on other sites are very likely to break making your question less useful for others searching this forum.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

As discussed in the documentation, you can ask for several kinds of p-values. The EXACT statement supports the POINT, MIDP, or MC (for Monte-Carlo) options. For example:

exact fisher / point;

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

You only get left and right sided p-values for 2x2 tables.  For larger tables the one-sided p-values are not defined and you will only get a two-sided one

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation