BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Malik
Calcite | Level 5

Dear I have around 77 factors and I used factor analysis to reduce them. I also need to get scores for further analysis.

I used the following command..

proc factor data=correl score outstat=fact;

run;

proc score  data=raw score=fact out=scores;

run;

After running this command I got 31 factors, but I want to reduce between 10~15 factors.

I used N=15, NFACT=10 but both commands does not work.

Please give me Idea how I can reduce these factors more that also do not reduce the effect of Eigen value.

Will be thankful for your nice comments & suggestions

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

What you say "should work" does work.

proc factor data=correl score NFACT=15 outstat=fact;

run;

proc score data=raw score=fact out=scores;

run;

If you use NFACT=15, the FACT data set contains scoring coefficients for the first 15 factors.

PROC SCORE projects the raw data onto the first 15 factors. The variables are FACTOR1-FACTOR15.

Those variables are the first 15 principal components: the linear combinations that best explain the variation in the data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation