BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JOLSAS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I have a regression on multiple independent variables. While the output automatically gives the F statistic on all the independent variables, I would like the F statistic on a subset of independent variables that I specify. An example would be:

dependent = independent 1 + independent 2 +  independent 3 + independent 4 + independent 5

I'm interested in the F statistic on the variables independent 1 - 3. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

Couldn't you just run the regression on those variables?

JOLSAS
Quartz | Level 8

No, that wouldn't be what is required. As a matter of fact, in later regressions, I would need to get the F statistics on several subsets of variables. I need to include those always.

JOLSAS
Quartz | Level 8

I don't know if SAS contains such an option enabling me to do so. Anyways, I went to find the statistical formula for calculating the F statistic and calculated all the components of F and got a number in the end. Hopefully this is what I want.

Reeza
Super User

Have you checked the output using a contrast statement?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation