BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
munitech4u
Quartz | Level 8

I need exponential smoothed data for a time series. But the output from PROC ESM or PROC FORECAST is forecasted data, I need the observed data after exponential smoothing. How to do that?

5 REPLIES 5
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Look at transformation EWMA in PROC EXPAND. It's  probably what you need.

PG

PG
munitech4u
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks.What if i want to try holtwinters smoothing. Proc expand doesn't seem to have this.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Not available in SAS, as far as I know. Try the simple stuff first.

PG

PG
Ksharp
Super User

If I recall right. there is a WINTAERS or ADD-WINTAERS method in proc esm . Check its documentation to see if proc esm offer what you need.

and post it at SAS Forecasting and Econometrics  . udo@sas will offer you some help.

Xia Keshan

munitech4u
Quartz | Level 8

Its there in in ESM and proc FORECAST, but only for the forecasted value. I need to apply them to data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation