BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Camp
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I have just stuck up on a problem – estimating parameters (scale and shape) to fit different survival models like Exponential, Weibull, Log-normal, Log-logistic and Gompertz (given Kaplan Mirror survival data).

For this I have attached one excel file having two sheets – DATA (to be used by you as raw data) and OBJECTIVE (to understand the problem) and my aim is to estimate the constants – scale & shape parameters, variance & covariance matrix and AIC and BIC values that you can see in OBJECTIVE sheet.

Also OBJECTIVE sheet has some green highlighted columns (C to G) that you can ignore.  Once we estimate the point estimates these distributions can be fitted (column C to G) so just ignore these columns.  However, these columns might help to understand the problem better.

So, I am interested in estimating these constants and variance-covariance matrix and AIC and BIC statistics for each of five statistical distributions.  Please provide me the required SAS codes for the same.

Thanks you!

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

What is the "SAS code" that you tried?

PG
Reeza
Super User

Do you have the raw survival data?

Camp
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

Please find the attached file "Fitting" having new sheet RAW_DATA - for raw survival data. 

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User

For fitting curves look at proc univariate. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation