BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stan
Quartz | Level 8

The annoying error appears after a macros. Any ideas are very welcome.

Update: JPEG file uploaded.

SAS_ERR.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PartTimePanda
Calcite | Level 5

Same thing happened to me, if I'm understanding your issue correctly.

Make sure your "Path" declaration is left justified (i.e. not preceded with blanks).

i.e.

You want: 

PATH = "D:\LinelistResults\"

And not:

PATH = " D:\LinelistResults\"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

: The message in the png file wasn't readable.  What are you running, what version of SAS are you using, on which platform, what browser do you use, and does what you're running involve a stored process?  Plus, is the error message readable and, if so, what does it actually say?

stan
Quartz | Level 8

Arthur and Tom, the message said:

"Cannot find

...: part of directory path...

Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

SAS version: 9.3, platform: win 7, browser: I have both firefox and chrome installed.

"does what you're running involve a stored process?" (If I've translated correctly):

I execute a macros that searches for a .txt files in the directory mentioned in the message.

The output of the macros is .pdf files stored in that directory with the same name (but with

.pdf extension). The files are created, appeared in SAS Output window (as a list) and the

error occurred. The number of the error windows equals the number of files.

The names of the .txt (.pdf) files contain: Latin letters, numbers, and two symbols: _ and #.

Any suggestions now?

P.S.

By the way I tried to keep the events in the SAS Log window with the DMSSYNCHK but there

wasn't a record relative to the issue. How to keep all events stored in SAS Log? Also I find

macroses' events are poorly logged (in my hands without extra set-ups).

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like you are not find the file you are looking for.  You just need to debug your program.

PartTimePanda
Calcite | Level 5

Same thing happened to me, if I'm understanding your issue correctly.

Make sure your "Path" declaration is left justified (i.e. not preceded with blanks).

i.e.

You want: 

PATH = "D:\LinelistResults\"

And not:

PATH = " D:\LinelistResults\"

stan
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation