BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jack_Smitherson
Fluorite | Level 6

In Proc Logistic we can add 'Units" statement to change the unit of the explanatory variable. Is there any equivalent statement in Proc Genmod procedure?

Instead of one unit change in the covariate "X1" I need 5 units change in "X1".

X1 and X1 are continuous.

Example:

proc genmod data=example  DESCENDING;

model epid = x1 x2 female race;

estimate "X1" X1 1 / exp;

run;

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

There is no UNITS statement per se, but you can use the unit of change of the coefficient on the ESTIMATE statement.

estimate "X1-5 unit change" X1 5 / exp;

CharleneG
Calcite | Level 5

In that same vein, is there a way to use the ESTIMATE function to output the estimate for a 1 standard deviation change of that independent variable? 

For example, 

proc genmod data= test;

model bloodpressure= X1 age sex /link=identity dist=normal;

estimate "X1- 1 SD change" X1 1*SD?;

run;

Thanks! 

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
Just compute the standard deviation and specify that value in the ESTIMATE statement as above.
CharleneG
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! I was hoping it could be automated as I will be running this as part of a macro.
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

If you need to automate you could simply run a Proc MEANS prior to running LOGISTIC and save the standard deviation to a MACRO variable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation