BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrilleBob
Calcite | Level 5
Hi!

I have this problem nagging me and I would love some input!

I got this set of data with measurements made with two different manufacturing methods which I would like to compare with each other, and test for equivalence between the methods. My first thought was to conduct a regular TOST with proc ttest but I discarded that idea when i reviewed the data 🙂 The data consists of 15 observations for each manufacturing method, and I cannot assume normality due to the distribution of the data. The data is continuous (not ordinal nor nominal).

My question: Is there anybody here that has experience with non-parametric equivalence testing? Preferably in SAS Base (or Enterprise Guide, Excel can work but I rather stay away from it).
I've made some googeling and found some results for a Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney TOST but no real connection to SAS.

Thank you very much for your time!

/Christian B.
3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19
I really don't know if you can extend the methods to TOST but I would look at PROC NPAR1WAY for Hodges-Lehman estimates of location shift, and perhaps to PROC MULTTEST for bootstrap resampling of the t-test.

Good luck with this.

Steve Denham
ChrilleBob
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Steve, much appreciated! I will look into this 🙂

/Christian.
charles77
Calcite | Level 5
Hi ChrilleBob,
Did you find a way to make Mann whitney Wilcoxon TOST using SAS ?

Charles.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation