BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yael
Quartz | Level 8

Hello expert,

My data is observations of firms data in stock exchange. I got the following error in LOG:

ERROR: Integer overflow on computing amount of memory required. A request to allocate 28439.9M bytes of memory can not be

honored.

My sas code is as follows:

proc mixed data=sasfile06 method=ml covtest nobound;

class Old;

model ROA=INDUSTRY YEAR/s intercept;

random OLD RD MARKETING LOANS/type=un s;

repeated / type=un subject=ID;

run;

I probably did a mistake but could not find any clue via interent or forum as a solution.

Any remarks will acceptable, THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would guess that you are estimating many, many random effects and that SAS cannot allocate enough memory to hold the symmetric matrix for the "Z" design matrix.  You might want to run PROC FREQ to find out how many columns are in your Z matrix:

proc freq data=sasfile06;

tables OLD RD MARKETING LOANS;

run;

See the doc for PROC MIXED that discusses memory and computing time for hints about how to handle large data and random effects with many levels.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would guess that you are estimating many, many random effects and that SAS cannot allocate enough memory to hold the symmetric matrix for the "Z" design matrix.  You might want to run PROC FREQ to find out how many columns are in your Z matrix:

proc freq data=sasfile06;

tables OLD RD MARKETING LOANS;

run;

See the doc for PROC MIXED that discusses memory and computing time for hints about how to handle large data and random effects with many levels.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation