BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LengYi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have a question to read the DW test output from proc reg using option dwProb.Capture.PNG

This is the output from SAS/STAT(R) 9.2 User's Guide, so this is autocorrelation or not?

How can I know d, dU and dL of test

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Miracle
Barite | Level 11
  • I assume your d is Durbin-Watson test statistic. If so, it is 1.191
  • Yes, there is a significant first-order autocorrelation in the disturbances because Pr<DW=0.005.
  • You can refer to Durbin-Watson Significance Tables to find out dL and dU. They depend on the number of observations in your data and number of parameter estimates(excluding intercept) in your regression model.
AlexS332
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm also working on the durbin watson test for linear regression, with SAS.
I use the dwprob argument to get a pvalue for the test.. Then I get 2 pvalues : one for testing for positive autocorrelation, another to test for negative autocorrelation... But I want a "general" test with alternative "autocorrelation" (positive or negative)..
Do you know how I can get a "general" pvalue for this test from the pvalues givent by sas?
Can I multiply Pr<DW by 2? is it correct?

Thank you very much for help

Alex

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation