BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bhupi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I want to set up doubly repeated measures using GLIMMIX but I haven't used GLIMMIX for repeated measures. The model so far I have now is

Proc glimmix data = wheat namelen=200 plots=residualpanel (conditional marginal);

class Year Block Plot Cultivar Nrate Sampling;

model DM = Nrate|Cultivar|Part|Sampling/ddfm=kr ;

Random Year Block(Year);

run;

It's split-plot design with Nrate as whole plot (3 levels) and cultivar as split-plot (4 levels). Number of years are 3 and blocks (replications) are four. So, each year there were 48 plots. From each plot (48), plant samples were taken and divided into two "Part" (Head and stem). Their dry matter (DM) was measured. These samples were taken four times (Sampling) during the season.

The two parts (head and stem) have residuals effect and so is from sampling. Therefore Part and Sampling should be set as repeated measures but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks,

Bhupinder

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hey Bhupinder,

Check out Example 41.5 in the PROC GLIMMIX documentation.  It gives a way to jointly model variables of different distributions.  In your case, you can set up a joint model, but specify the same distribution.  This is as close to the Kronecker doubly repeated measures method in MIXED as you are going to be able to do in GLIMMIX.

If the doubly repeated measures were nested (say week within month, or month and season), I'd say create a compound measure and sort out the comparisons using LSMESTIMATE statements.

Steve Denham

Bhupi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the direction. It seems the possible solution is to create multiple G-side effects but only one R-side random effect.

Bhupinder

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Good call on the multiple G-side.  This should do it, especially if you get the subject= option correct.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation