BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
P_S_
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I need a statistical test to show that the distribution of two samples are the same.

I was thinking I could probably test to see if both the distributions are normal or not but then it necessarily does not have to be a normal distribution and these could be any other distribution. So this might not work for my case.

Is there a way i could test that the distibutions are the same. Any code/examples will be very helpful.

Thank you,

PS.

3 REPLIES 3
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

The Kolmogorov Smirnov test whether the two distribution-functions are the same in a nonparametric way.

this can be done with PROC NPAR1WAY with the KS-option. It also gives some some other test for the same hypothesis, but the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test are the most well-know.

Ksharp
Super User

Or test if their percentiles is equal or not .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation