Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Difference-in-difference with different pre - and post - periods

Occasional Contributor

Difference-in-difference with different pre - and post - periods

Hi every one,

I have a question regarding DID estimation model.

I created a data set using propensity score matching (psm) for observations that a same treatment happened to them in different period of time. If the treatment happened in period 2 we compare outcome of period 3 and 1 in treated and matched control groups.

recall treatment only happened in period2, 3 and 4.

Now i want to use DID model using proc glm or proc mixed etc to investigate the effect of treatment on outcome.

your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

OBS   perid1   period2   period3  period 4   period 5   treatment  MatchID  outcomes for all periods and other covariates

1         1             2             2         .                 .                  yes

2           1             1            1                                                NO

Occasional Contributor

difference in difference model with difference pre and post periods

Hi every one,

I have a question regarding DID estimation model.

I created a data set using propensity score matching (psm) for observations that a same treatment happened to them in different period of time. If the treatment happened in period 2 we compare outcome of period 3 and 1 in treated and matched control groups.

recall treatment only happened in period2, 3 and 4.

Now i want to use DID model using proc glm or proc mixed etc to investigate the effect of treatment on outcome.

your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

OBS   perid1   period2   period3  period 4   period 5   treatment  MatchID  outcomes for all periods and other covariates

1         1             2             2         .                 .                  yes

2           1             1            1                                                N

Super User

Re: Difference-in-difference with different pre - and post - periods

I merged your posts and moved them to the Statistical Procedures community.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Occasional Contributor

Re: Difference-in-difference with different pre - and post - periods

Posted in reply to KurtBremser
Thanks
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation