BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mbcox
Calcite | Level 5

I am running a poisson regression model for the number of admissions for a group of patients (identified by "ID").  The explanatory variables are post (pre vs post period) and case (case vs control) with an interaction term post*case.  As each patient can have more than one admission, I have added a repeated subject statement to the model.  However, after adding the repeated subject statement to the code the output for the model no longer gives the deviance.  How can I specify that the output for the model include the deviance?

proc genmod data=alldata;

class ID;

model admit = post case post*case / dist=poisson link=log offset=logtime;

repeated subject=ID;

run;

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When you add a repated statement, you are perform GEE, which involves a quasi-likeliood (not a true likelihood or true distribution). Thus, the deviance (which is based on a true likelihood) is not printed.

mbcox
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your reply.  Do you know how I can run this type of model with the repeated subject statement and force SAS to output the deviance?  Or do you have a suggestion of another model that would be better for this situation?  Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation