BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abcdefg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

i performed a T-test, and for the C.I. , I got 3 lines in the t-test about this.

The first is for "group A" second is for "group B" and third is for "Diff(Group A - Group B)"

Now, I NEED TO DO AN ANALYSIS ON THE VARIABILITY OF GROUP A AND GROUP B, whether I should use the line "Diff(Group A- Group B)" or the calculations that I get by myself from the subtraction of lower bound of CI and upper bound of CI in different groups?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The first line tests whether the mean of group A is different from zero, the second whether the mean of group B is different from zero, and the third whether the difference between A and B is itself different from zero.  Beware of subtracting between confidence bounds--you could have a significant difference without the difference being greater than zero.  And it scares me a little that you have multiple groups and are using multiple t-tests to compare them two at a time.  That sort of comparison is handled a lot better by analysis of variance techniques.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation