Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Data Analytics using sas

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Data Analytics using sas

Dear experts,

I am SAS programmer , working in SAS reporting area( creating adhoc reports using SAS) I would like to learn analytics using SAS software . Is there any material available or could you please suggest me some course for learning Analytics , I am not from a Statistics background person.Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-09-2017 09:47 AM
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Data Analytics using sas

First you need to learn about statistics from the theoretical side. Then you can start using SAS to apply that knowledge.

Without solid roots in statistics, attempts at using SAS/STAT will mostly fail.

(When the SAS documentation says "Procedure XXX is used for YYYY", and you have no clue what YYYY means, you're hosed anyway)

I don't have roots in statistics, so I leave that to the academic statisticians in the actuaries. I'm just the data engineer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Grand Advisor

The first statistics course is free via e-learning, see bottom right hand corner. 

There's also a selection of videos here as well. 

http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/

Solution
‎03-09-2017 09:47 AM
Esteemed Advisor

First you need to learn about statistics from the theoretical side. Then you can start using SAS to apply that knowledge.

Without solid roots in statistics, attempts at using SAS/STAT will mostly fail.

(When the SAS documentation says "Procedure XXX is used for YYYY", and you have no clue what YYYY means, you're hosed anyway)

I don't have roots in statistics, so I leave that to the academic statisticians in the actuaries. I'm just the data engineer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation