BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Dear experts,

I am SAS programmer , working in SAS reporting area( creating adhoc reports using SAS) I would like to learn analytics using SAS software . Is there any material available or could you please suggest me some course for learning Analytics , I am not from a Statistics background person.Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

First you need to learn about statistics from the theoretical side. Then you can start using SAS to apply that knowledge.

Without solid roots in statistics, attempts at using SAS/STAT will mostly fail.

(When the SAS documentation says "Procedure XXX is used for YYYY", and you have no clue what YYYY means, you're hosed anyway)

I don't have roots in statistics, so I leave that to the academic statisticians in the actuaries. I'm just the data engineer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

The first statistics course is free via e-learning, see bottom right hand corner. 

There's also a selection of videos here as well. 

http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

First you need to learn about statistics from the theoretical side. Then you can start using SAS to apply that knowledge.

Without solid roots in statistics, attempts at using SAS/STAT will mostly fail.

(When the SAS documentation says "Procedure XXX is used for YYYY", and you have no clue what YYYY means, you're hosed anyway)

I don't have roots in statistics, so I leave that to the academic statisticians in the actuaries. I'm just the data engineer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation