BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have data with 3 variables X,Y,Z and i want to fit a model like ...
Y= a(x) + b(z)+c,
X and Z may have some powers (n) also.How to do it? Please guide
3 REPLIES 3
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
Your problem specification is incomplete. Let me respond by first asking a few questions.

Why do you think you should use powers of X and Z? Are those powers prespecified? Are X and Z nonnegative? If the powers are not prespecified integer values, then you could run into problems if the algorithm which is used to fit the model tries to raise a negative value to a noninteger power.

Do you want to consider polynomial functions of X and Z? The model below is representative of a polynomial model:

Y = a1(X) + a2(X**2) + a3(X**3) + b1(Z) + b2(Z**2) + c

Finally (for now, anyway), what motivates the model that you want to fit?
deleted_user
Not applicable
i have data with one variable Y that changes depending on X and Z. But this change is not linear. I want to find the best fit curve and equation.
deleted_user
Not applicable
The values of X, Y and Z involve some negative values also and secondly the values are like 0.9,... -0.04,... 1.05

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation