BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mdavidson
Quartz | Level 8
Hello --

I'm relatively new to forecasting so I'm looking for some help. I'd like to create a daily volume forecast; I have lots of historical data.

I'm using SAS EG 4.1, so I don't have SAS Forecast Studio.

Here's the problem. I'm currently able to create a fairly accurate MONTHLY forecast using PROC STATESPACE and a few data steps. I'd like to translate this into a daily forecast, or if possible use PROC STATESPACE to create my daily forecast.

My data is seasonal. For example Jan, Feb, and Mar are busy months. Saturday is a light day, Tuesday is the busiest day.

Any suggestions? I've been doing a ton of searching on the web, but can't seem to find anything.
1 REPLY 1
mdavidson
Quartz | Level 8
I seem to be getting a better result with 28 in my var declaration. I'm brand new to proc statespace, so if you see anything below that is a SAS no-no please let me know.

This code sets up the variables I'm using to forecast out the coming 14 days.

PROC STATESPACE
DATA=TEST1
OUT=TEST2
LEAD=14;
VAR LOG(1,28);
ID OBS;
RUN;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation