BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the inverse-probability method published by Cole et al (Adjusted survival curves with inverse probability weights) to create my weights however instead of using these weights in the COX procedure, proc phreg, I would like to use them in Proc Lifetest.

proc lifetest data=SDEHP3 plots=(s) graphics  outsurv=ph2_survival;

time phage*phcensor1(1);strata dhCAT ;

freq stw;

run;

The benefit is that I can use the medians with confidence intervals as my adjusted median survival times for each strata where as in Cox there are no ages with confidence intervals.

Does anyone see a problem with using inverse probability weights in the weight statement of proc lifetest to produce adjusted KM curves?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
1zmm
Quartz | Level 8

I don't know the answer to your question.

Another article deals directly with your question (Statistics in Medicine 24:3089-3110).

However, with PROC LIFETEST, you might consider the FREQ statement option, NOTRUNCATE,

that prevents truncation on non-integer weights and the use of Wilcoxon scores (=n_i) instead of the default

log-rank test scores (=1) so that these weights are incorporated in the estimation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation