BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

The objective is to build a survival model..Predicting when customers are more likely to return and purchase...For example, we are expecting the customer 101 to return on w9 etc.The data below represents the weekly customer transactions they have made in the last 13 weeks...(the value in the data is the amount spent in that week).

Hope It makes sense, if not please do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Thank You

customer_id

W1

W2

W3

W4

W5

W6

W7

W8

W9

W10

W11

W12

W13

4 REPLIES 4
Question
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

I would appreciate if you could answer my message below..

Thank You

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

I think the Cox model is not the right model to use when the goal is to predict the event time. This is because of the non-parametric baseline hazard rate, that make it difficult to translate the estimated hazardratios to predicted eventtimes. This can be seen by the fact that the Cox model doesnt care about when things happens, but only in what order things happpens.

Then better use the full parametric accelrated failure time model (for example the weibull model). For this you can use PROC LIFEREG.

Question
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank You Jacob for your response...Are there any white papers. documents
and example on weibull model you could recommend? I have never built one so
it would be good to get some documents explaining how it works...

Cheers

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

There is a very good documentation in the SAS help. And also some good examples. As far as I remember, you can use the output statement, and there get predicted values.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation