BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThanhUSF
Calcite | Level 5

Could anyone please help me the way to calculate the covariance of two dichotomous variable in survey data please. Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

Why covariance? What are trying to study based this?

ThanhUSF
Calcite | Level 5

From my literature review, I need to adjust the coeficient of a logistics regression which requires the calcilation of covariance between 2 variables. In my case both a binary. Since my data are survey data, I need to use proc surveyreg but couldn't figure out the way to calculate the covariance with proc surveyfreq. Hope that helps. 

Ksharp
Super User
If I was right, I remember PROC DISTANCE can do this.

ThanhUSF
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for helping. I think  Proc Distance are for random sampling data since it doesn't provide the options for variance estimate such as BRR method in other proc survey

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation